Linksys WAG200G convert annex B to A and vice versa
For a long time, a very good Linksys WAG200G gathering dust in a corner, because was ANNEX B and still unusable on my PSTN line… until now! I made a risky decision, to flashing the router with a custom firmware, which convert it to ANNEX A functionality.
Searching the net I found two firmwares, menioned by Moho at adslgr.com forum, which are based on OpenWAG200 project, and convert annex a routers to b and vice versa.
- You can download the custom firmware for convert annex B to A
- You can download the custom firmware for convert annex A to B
To avoid bricking your WAG200:
- Language setting must be set to english prior to flashing the firmware
- Do not flash via remote internet connection or wireless connection – flash ONLY from wired LAN PC
- If flashing will take more than the progress bar is telling you, wait patiently for about 10 minutes before manually restarting the router….
If you are not so lucky and you got a bricked router, read Unbricking WAG354G tutorial from Marco Vedovati, his advice is likely to work and at WAG200.